Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You don't stop to rock it to the bang bang boogie but you do stop it because it's 9pm and there's another class waiting

Julia and I are in approximately the 30th percentile of dorkiness in our Hip Hop dance class at Joy of Motion dance studio in Dupont. We aren’t super proud of this though, because every dancer on that floor has a baseline level of dorkiness. That is, except for our lovely teach.

As a kid I was often delivered the mantra “all you have to do is try.” Well that is just a silly thing to tell a young impressionable human with human limitations. At 25 I have come to terms with many of my failures. For example, I unfortunately do not have a similar skill set as the person pictured in this poster:

Today in class we learned a move called popping. Not to be confused with the robot. This will likely be my seventh major failure of this calendar year.

OMG speaking of music, Clay Aiken is gay!! Just kidding, I don't give a shit. Hmmm...maybe I'm not so not cool after all. 

1 comment:

stinger839 said...

Popping. OMG - quite a common thing in the UK apparently. You need to upload some of your popping skills, just so I can LMAO. And you'd probably get a bagillion hits and be like that Star Wars lighstaber kid if you are truly unawesome enough.